Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No, My equation syntax is not invalid!

Ever seen the message that says your syntax is invalid for that really brilliant equation you just came up with? Well, assuming that you have checked it closely to be sure that is is indeed input correctly, you may be dealing with a corrupted file. The file that deals with your equations is called "swvba.tlb". You may not have ever known it was corrupt if you hadn't tried to add an equation, but worry not! There is a painless solution.

In order to remedy this bugger, follow the simple steps below.

1. Stop the SolidWorks process
2. Search the local hard drive, where SolidWorks is installed, for the file called "swvba.tlb"
3. Delete all that are found
4. Turn off any anti-virus/firewall that may be active (you may need to log in under a different user if you are not a system administrator)
5. Restart SolidWorks

The SolidWorks installer will automatically regenerate this file -from KB solution S-028801

See...relatively painless...

Be sure to check back often for other tips, tricks, FAQ's, and other generally cool information about the SolidWorks product line.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I spent hours working on this issue, and this was exactly the solution I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this problem too with SW2013sp4 on win7 64 bit. I tried the above but renamed the file rather than delete. Then on restart it wanted to reinstall sw calling for disc. I was suspicious of this so reverted file names to original & it worked ok, but with same equation syntax error. Any further suggestions appreciated, thanks
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT I WILL NEED TO HAVE THE INSTALL DISKS HANDY! I'M ON THE ROAD AND NOW CAN'T REINSTALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appriciate. That way fixed my stuck. You save my work.
    Can i share your post other sites with your name ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this problem

    This solution has worked for me: Run SolidWorks as Administrator

    ReplyDelete